Friday, April 08, 2005

All Hail S. Morgenstern

Well, we just jumped off those cliffs of insanity. (If you got a visual image of a certain movie, I’m pleased. Even better, if you saw a page number. (Thanks again DC, for introducing me to Morgenstern.)

We bought a puppy.

Like paid money for an animal when there are so many dogs needing a home? Yup. Unapologetically. I don’t want a needy animal that cringes every time I gesture or raise the volume. I have children that I won’t sacrifice to an animal of unknowns. I also wanted a particular breed, known for its ability to become a member of the family.

Barley will be joining us sometime in early May. (About the same time we should receive our new extravagant furniture. See, already the gods laugh at us!) He’s an English Mastiff.

When I met his dad, Tigger, he came and laid his serving platter size head in my lap. I was immediately enchanted. He weighs 250 lbs.

We are about to have an EXTREMELY large puppy.

I’m trading the crumbs on the floor for dog hair and slobber. In return, the younger kids get a big, rompy sibling. The oldest one gets babe points when he walks it. We get a family-orientated 250 lb. friend who will give us some piece of mind when the kids are in the yard.

I'd like a piece of mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I would love a mastiff. We have a white boxer and another black chow/lab. I wrote this to send with the boxadors when they left us Puppies in Spring

Best of luck to you Madz!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Sascha said...

A mastiff! Sheesh! Why didn't you just get another teenager???

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home