Friday, November 17, 2006

Lucky

Well, and a few brains, too.

I just read a post out in blogland that really resonated. Guy with a teen struggling to be a good parent. I went back to school to be a good example, myself.

I have made it to a point where I am really happy with things. It wasn't always so great. Single, poor mom with a high school diploma and a few college classes. No welfare--or even child support (heartless jerkoff of a sperm donor)--for us. I went back to college at 27. It was hard. I worked nights and weekends at little above min. wage to support us.

I did it. I got pretty good grades, too; I knew what the stakes were. I was .2% away from graduating with honors. I got married and had 2 kids before I graduated. I'm now supporting my family pretty well while the hubster returns to college.

I pulled myself up by those bootstraps. If I can do it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Ya done good, I'm proud for you!

Glad to call you friend - so call me, friend!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home