Sunday, December 24, 2006

1000 square feet of toys

We made the yucky basement of our house functionable....instead of grafitti and concrete, we put in walls, subfloor, and carpet. Zac got a new, very private room, and we got a ...well, let's be honest....it's a bloody toy room.

While preparing for the influx of holiday toys, I thought I'd be sneaky and toss a few that we can't figure out and have lost parts to make it function....

Yippee...got them in the trash without anyone noticing....UNTIL I asked the Zeke to throw away some trash.... D'OH.

Not a yell and resuce or ranting by our most stubborn, fiesty one...nope. I got genuine heartbroken sobs of resignation. He was so devastated by seeing his treasures in the trash, he just slumped away crying.

I dissolved. Those two particular toys went back into his happy little hands.

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Whoopsie!

Try telling them there are six boys and their mom starting over and ask them if they have some toys they would send. The boys are from 4 to 16 years in age.

I can get them to them for you.

The boys might surprise you by how much they are willing to give, not have trashed....

Merry Christmas girl of my heart!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Madzillah said...

I am taking you up on THIS!! Too bad they aren't smaller, they could get the clothes, too!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home