Sunday, October 09, 2005

SupaStar

Took the pup out for an event yesterday. (Hobby involves a bunch of people.) I want a well socialized dog, so I take him as much as possible. Several things came out.
1. People are really afraid of big dogs. My 6 month puppy is well over 100 lbs and larger than most adult dogs (and some adults...) People approached with extreme caution--or went well out of the way to avoid him. It doesn't seem to matter that I may have one of the most submissive dogs EVER and a harsh look is enough to make him run for cover...
YAY. This is why I wanted him. He doesn't need to be mean--just daunting.
2. People who DID approach LOVE HIM!!!! He had throngs of adoring public ALL DAY! Kids rolling on him, women fawning, men playing....He was in heaven. People I know didn't say hi, but went for the pup. People I didn't know came over in the droves to meet him.

This dog had his day. I suspect that he may have more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I love having the good puppy! Good on you, kid, you've been working him well!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home