Friday, November 04, 2005

Life is...well life

Last month I applied for and was accepted into a nationwide training program with my job for the feds. YAY for me. Well, despite the developers signature "Empowered employees can work miracles", it had no trust falls, hugging, or anything. It was great and I will benefit in the next year while I work my ass off.
I came home that weekend, spent, to a "we planned on attending a MAJOR event" with our hobby. Involves seeing who becomes the next Pres./VP. Well, you guessed it--turns out to be US! More work. Still, fun and good.

Then, not so good. That Sun. my biological g-ma died. Guilt at not knowing her well enough. Sad.

THEN, night after funeral, my mother called with worse news about my dad's health. She made it sound like he was dying tomorrow. REALLY NOT GOOD.

The thing to remember: Mom is a freaking attention seeking drama queen!! Went to actual Dr. w/Dad. Yes, there was a mass on an x-ray, but they don't think it is returning cancer. More like degenerative bone diease--(which is what they actually diagnosed yesterday.) Bloodwork doesn't indicate cancer. Yay for now.

Now, before you get all "Your mom was stressed, etc." YOU HAVEN"T LIVED WITH THE CRAZY LADY AS MOM FOR #% YRS!!!!! She's been trying to convince me he's been dying for at least the last 5 yrs--probably longer. She exagerates and downright lies to get attention. (The last thing was that she was being poisoned...) I don't even want to imagine what stories whe USED to (and probably still does) tell about ME during my period of insanity (otherwise known as my punk idiot days). I don't know most of the time if I like my own mother.

I guess it's all good--I at least know I don't suck my thumb under the bed when hit with bunches of stress.

As the hourglass turns.... (Is that the way it goes?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

Woo, you can blog all the stupid shit that happens in the next year's reign. I know you can euphemize enough that no one will notice it.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

After the last event with your group I thought you were all down on it and now we must call you Ms. Prez! Congrats and let me know when/where crowning.

Mate's mom is like yours with bad news. If you scraped your knee tipping over on your bike when she heard it you were in a massive crash and injured your leg when she told it.

Could pretend to visit her more often and come to my place!

Hugs and have fun team!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home