Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm ok--the car isn't

I got in a car accident today. I'm fine. It was particularly stupid. I was about to pull off the road because my windshield had fogged as I turned onto the VERY sunny street, when I hit a car that had been abandoned on the four lane, super busy street. I totalled my car.
Really torqed at the 911 operator who asked why I was crying. "because I am a bit in shock and I just totalled my car..." She also couldn't understand, though I told her where I was and what happened, that I wasn't in a parking lot.
No ticket. The officer was really nice. He obviously felt so sorry for me he didn't press me that I handed him the insurance for our van and took that we had insurance on faith. I'm pretty sure the fact that I was crying so hard I couldn't speak helped. I think my first words to him were hiccuped incredulity, "But, there's no one in that car!!" THe fact that the person who had abandoned it had many arrest warrants out and he got to search the car probably didn't hurt, either.
Bless the hubster. Not even an inch upset. He was so worried that I was hurt after he saw the damage. The mantra is "everything will be all right. I can get another car."
I know it's really materialistic, but I loved that car. It went REALLY fast and drove super well--I can't believe the difference between that and others. We can't afford another like it right now, even with my new raise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

Oh honey. I know it sucks. But at least you're not DEAD. Or maimed. Or crippled. And none of the kids were hurt.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Wow, girl! It was such a nice little car!

Have family in auto line, send me year, make and model and we will see what we can do.

I am SO sorry you had to go through this and if they catch the moron that did this to you I would like a quiet word with him out back....WAY out back.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

waiting.....year, make and model ?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Madzillah said...

My car was a 93 Caddy Seville CTS.

Looking actually for something newer so it can qualify for a loan.

Love the CTS. All the Caddy quality without being "grandpa's car".

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home