Monday, May 02, 2005

Stop the ringing in my

YEE GODS.

I've lost my nose ring. I took it out to represent my hobby for a Make-A-Wish thing I helped with. Now I can't find the "safe place" where I stashed it.

I don't wear it much anymore. Doesn't fit in with the "Federal Officer" look. (The badge and the nose ring just makes them giggle... Like the friends who knew me "when" and find out what I do now.)

It was nice to have it as a safety net. Keeps the age away. I realize that I can be responsible and not be "grown-up" and stodgy. The nose ring let me pretend that occasionally I could still be dangerous and irresponsible. (OH GRIEF, is this why the overweight, balding, 40 somethings still wear the high school football jersey and buy a convertable???!!!!)

That thought alone may make me leave it to the dust bunnies collecting in that safe place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

I think your nose ring sexy. It makes me hot!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

It's very shiny, I always was fascinated by the shiny. What color are your eyes?!

It's also lighter and cheaper than a motorcycle, my personal fountain of youth.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home